Solar PV Protector
nanoShell Solar Protector is a unique high quality self-clean, hydrophobic nano coating that can be applied to solar panels pre and post installation. It will create a high performance long lasting, easy to clean protective coating on all forms of solar PV panels that will reduce the amount of dirt and dust that sticks to the surface of the panel, improving the energy production of each panel over the long term by around 10% (based on UK testing).
Please be aware: If you want delivery of this product outside the UK please get in touch to discuss shipping before placing your order.
- Creates a Hydrophobic surface on the Solar Panel surface
- Clear, colourless solvent based liquid
- Reduced stick surface for easy clean
- Contains alcohol for long term protection
- Frost resistant
- Can be applied from -25 °C to +80 °C
- Provides a hydrophobic coating to push water away from the lens surface to increase efficiency and energy production
- Provides a reduced stick easy to clean surface - less dirt and dust adheres and is far easier to clean
- Coating can last in excess of 3 years before reapplication is necessary depending on environmental exposure
- Generates an invisible surface protection
- Can be applied in direct sunlight and high heat up to 80°C
- Treated surfaces require far less cleaning and maintenance and only water to clean, reducing the costs and time for cleaning and care
- Is supplied ready to use and easy to apply
- Helps reduce the impact of bird fouling and heavy staining sticking to and damaging panels
- Can be applied pre or post installation onto all forms of solar glass panels
nanoShell Solar PV Protector is easy to apply. Before application it is important to makes sure the panel surface is clean and free from oil and grease.
Following this, all cleaning detergents should be thoroughly rinsed away and the surface manually or naturally left to dry.
For best results use Isopropyl Alcohol to finally clean over the surface of the solar panel using a small circular motion. The Isopropyl alcohol has a very good cleaning effect and does not leave any residues on the glass surface.
- Clean the solar panel surface thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol.
- Rub the glass dry with a clean dry cloth.
- Apply nanoShell Solar PV Protector over the glass panel surface using small circular motions. Approximately 15-20ml/m2 should be applied.
- Allow the application to cure for 20 minutes so the chemcial bond can occur.
- Polish out with a clean microfiber or cotton cloth until no visible film is left on the surface.
- The coating will be fully cured within 2 days.
nanoShell Solar PV Protector is used undiluted.
You will need to apply around 15-20ml/m2 of panel surface.
That means 1 litre will protect around 50-60m2 of solar panels.
3 documents for nanoShell Solar PV Protector
Q1: How do I apply the product?
Apply nanoShell Solar PV Protector direct from the container using a lint free cloth in circular motions. Once applied, leave on for 5 minutes and wash the entire surface with water to remove the excess material.
Q2: How Much do I need?
Between 15-20ml/m2. So, 1 litre can protect up to 60m2 of solar panels.
Q3: How long does it take to cure?
It cures within a few minutes and is fully cured within 2 hours.
Q4: Is it safe to Apply?
nanoShell Solar PV Protector is classed as Dangerous Goods. It is safe to handle with the correct PPE; namely protective gloves, protective clothing, eye goggles and a face mask. Please read the Safety Data Sheet and follow its instructions before using the product.
Q5: Will it stop my Solar Panels getting dirty?
Not entirely. There is no magic solution to keep a solar panel surface permanently clean. Dust, dirt, fouling, pollution will all adhere to the panel. Without the coating, these contaminants reduce the effectiveness and efficiency of the panel over time. Our coating reduces the amount of dirt staying on the solar surface over time, improving its performance and efficiency compared to a panel that is not protected with the coating and therefore has more dirt sat on the surface.
Q6: Do I need to clean or maintain the solar panels differently once the coating is applied?
You should need to clean the panels less frequently than before the coating was applied. Now you only need to clean using fresh water, no detergents are required.