nanoShell Metal Protector is a hydrophobic cutting and polishing cream. It will easily remove light oxidization and corrosion from metal and painted surfaces including GRP; rejuvenating painted or metallic surfaces, whilst also protecting that surface against the elements with a reduced friction hydrophobic nano coating. Metal Protector contains tiny abrasive particles to remove corrosion and oxidisation, leaving behind a highly polished and rejuvenated surface. Metal protector is ideal for polishing all types of metal and chrome on vehicles, bikes, cars, trucks, boats. nanoShell Metal Protector will also bring back to life tarnished paintwork and oxidised gel coats on boats and yachts.
nanoShell Metal Protector can be used to:
- Protect all types of metals including; chrome, stainless steel, aluminium, brass, copper.
- As an anti-foul and marine cleaner for GRP Boat hulls and gel coats
- As a cleaner and protector of metal/chrome surfaces on vehicles, cars, bikes, trucks boats.
- To remove light rusting and oxidization from metal surfaces including stainless steel chrome, brass, copper etc
- As a friction reducing, hydrophobic, water-repellent protective coating for vehicles.
- milky white emulsion
- slight abrasive
- hydrophobic and friction reducing properties
- can be applied from +5 °C to +80 °C
- Rejuvenates and protects in one single application
- Removes oxidising and prevents corrosion
- Contains a mild abrasive cleaning agent to quickly remove oxidised or corroded surfaces
- Is especially suited as a water and dirt-repellent protective coating for metal and painted surfaces.
- Generates an invisible protective surface
- Helps protect from bird fouling and other heavy soiling sticking to the surface
- Creates a “self-cleaning” effect with rainwater
- Can be applied in sunlight
- Is ready to use and easy to apply
- Will not crack or peel
- Suited for internal and external uses
- Is perfect to protect seasonal boats and tenders from marine life bonding to the hull surface where an antifoul paint is not suitable or required.
nanoShell Metal Protector is ready to use. The amount to be applied (20-30 ml /m²) depends on how “dirty” the substrate is and should be tested in advance. nanoShell Metal cleans and coats in one application.
It is important to shake the bottle thoroughly before application. A minimum of two coats should be applied one after another. For protection in a marine/ coastal environment, it is recommended to apply 3 coats. Surfaces to be treated should be “roughly clean” and dry before treatment. nanoShell Metal Protector can be applied by hand, polishing with a soft dry pad (or soft cotton cloth, sponge etc.) which had been previously soaked with the solution, or by machine (polishing/buffing machine), using a soft polishing pad. Apply and work it until it has vanished. Excessive material can be removed with a clean pad or cloth after application.
The Hydrophobic performance is effective approximately one hour after treatment and the effect will increase further over a couple of hours depending on temperature.
During application, the outside temperature and the temperature of the substrate should be within the range of +5 °C to +80 °C. and the product should not come into contact with water before or during application and should not be applied if it is raining or there is a risk of rain during application or curing.
For highly polished surfaces nanoShell Metal Protector is NOT recommended due to the abrasive ingredient within this product. For highly polished surfaces, nanoShell Polish Protector is recommended.
nanoShell Metal Protector is supplied ready to use.
You will need to apply around 20-30ml/m2 of panel surface.
That means 1 litre will clean and protect up to 50m2 of surface.
2 documents for nanoShell Metal Protector
Q1: How do I apply the product?
Apply nanoShell Metal direct from the container using a lint free cloth or polishing pad in circular motions. A machine polisher can also be used. Apply and work it in until it has vanished.
Q2: How Much do I need?
Between 20-30ml/m2 depending on how corroded or oxidised the surface is. Please note if severe corrosion has taken place and pitted the metal then no amount of polishing will remove this damaged metal.
Q3: How long does it take to cure?
It cures within a few minutes. But the full hydrophobic surface will not occur for up to 1 hour.
Q4: Is it safe to Apply?
nanoShell Metal is classed as Dangerous Goods. It is safe to handle with the correct PPE; namely protective gloves, protective clothing, eye goggles and a face mask. Please read the Safety Data Sheet and follow its instructions before using the product.
Q5: How long will it last?
nanoShell Metal will help protect metal and plastic surfaces from weathering. Reapplication may be required every few months to every year or so depending on the type of exposure and weathering environment. For example, applied to the bottom of a dingy tender the product will last a season, reducing the impact of marine life adhering to the underside of the tender or dingy. When it is hauled out it will need a light clean or powerwash to remove any remaining sea life and crustacea. On cars and bikes you may want to apply every few weeks or months to maintain the protection and maximise the shine on these surfaces.
Q6: Does the coating reduce friction?
Yes. It products a hydrophobic reduced friction coating. This means improvements in performance in the water, land or air due to reduced water and wind forces on the surface of that vehicle.
Q7: Do I need to clean or maintain the surface differently once the coating is applied?
You should need to clean the surface less frequently than before the coating was applied. Now you only need to clean using fresh water, no detergents or chemicals will be required.